Only a sheet of ice protects you from falling 1000 feet down this Abyss
Photographer Aaron Huey, who is on assignment for National Geographic, recently shared a picture of a frighteningly deep hole on the Lower Ruth Glacier. The only thing stopping people from plummeting down the 1000 feet drop into the ground is a sheet of ice. One crack, though.
Staring down what could be a 1,000ft deep worm hole through the blue ice of the Lower #RuthGlacier. I was never afraid of the ones full of water, they’d just be cold, but some had no water and it was easy to imagine a long slide to an icy death.
nature n stuff
This is absolutely petrifying to me. No fucking way. I can’t even look.
"You made me hate myself alot"
"1. Everyone will talk behind your back and you will do the same, it doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
2. Be spontaneous, kiss the boy/girl, go for long drives, run away, order an extra shot of coffee, buy expensive underwear, life is too short for regrets.
3. You shouldn’t have to fight for the people you love, because if they loved you too, they wouldn’t make you.
4. People can change overnight, doesn’t mean you have to.
5. We all care what people say, don’t let people think you don’t, get angry, get mad, express your feelings.
6. ‘Forever and always’ is a long time, don’t hold onto impossible words.
7. Love doesn’t hurt, heartbreak and high expectations do.
8. Do what makes you happy, you’re here to live your life, not make others better.
9. Listen to sad songs once in a while, feel the lyrics, but do the same with happy ones.
10. It might not ever be okay, but sometimes the good will lesson the bad."
"My whole life, I’ve been someone who likes to do a lot of different things, but I’ve specifically noticed with Bleachers, people don’t like the idea of, like, two bands, two projects. Like, they both have to be labeled, and, well, which one is the main one? Which one is the side project? It’s like that phrase "jack of all trades, master of none.” Which I think is a bullshit, annoying phrase. It’s just meant to scare us into doing one thing.” ♪ ♫
(Source: jacksbleachers, via ournameisfunfans)
"He was not my boyfriend. On the other hand, he wasn’t just a friend either. Instead, our relationship was elastic, stretching between those two extremes depending on who else was around, how much either of us had to drink, and other varying factors. This was exactly what I wanted, as commitments had never really been my thing. And it wasn’t like it was hard, either. The only trick was never giving more than you were willing to lose."